5 Things You Need to Know About PermaSafe SHIELD Protective CoatingsMay 7, 2020
Here’s what you need to know about PermaSafe SHIELD protective coatings:
- It disinfects your entire vehicle interior.
- It continuously protects against a wide variety of germs, viruses and molds that can make you and your passengers sick.
- It lasts for years – in many cases the life of your vehicle.
- It’s scientifically proven and EPA registered.
- Pape Automotive in Veneta, Oregon is now a certified PermaSafe application shop.
Want to know more? We’ve got you covered.
What is a PermaSafe SHIELD Coating?
PermaSafe™ is a state-of-the-art, professionally-installed Vehicle Disinfection & Long Term Microbial Control System and Surface Protectant for automotive interiors.
Why is a PermaSafe SHIELD Coating a good idea?
Everyone is talking about these “unprecedented times” and new normal often looking like daily sanitization of smartphones and even sanitizing all of your groceries before you bring them into your home. Not many people are thinking about the interior of their vehicles. It’s well-known that harmful microbes – such as the flu and Coronavirus –– can live on various surfaces and be transferred by contact. That can mean anything from touching a credit card machine at the grocery store to picking it up on the bottom of your shoes because someone didn’t cover their mouth when they sneezed because no one was directly around them. These germs are then carried with you and can be transferred to the interior of your vehicle. Vehicles have become breeding grounds for germs, bacteria, viruses and molds. About 75% of most common illnesses are spread by hands.
- The average steering wheel is home to 700+ bacteria per square inch
Dashboard buttons – touched almost as often as the steering
- wheel, but often forgotten during cleaning – contain 1,400 bacteria per square inch
- 2,000+ bacteria per square inch can be found in seats
- A/C systems and heating ducts can breed mold, mildew and bacteria
- The average vehicle’s passenger cabin hosts 2,144% more harmful bacteria than the average smartphone.
I regularly disinfect the interior of my vehicle with wipes that kill 99% of germs. Why do I need a PermaSafe SHIELD coating?
Conventional disinfectants and antimicrobials kill microorganisms by poisoning them with chemicals. Due to their toxicity, they are designed to act quickly and dissipate quickly to avoid adverse effects to humans and animals. However, as soon as such disinfectants evaporate, so does their antimicrobial capabilities, enabling germs to return almost immediately. PermaSafe lasts for years. It also kills 99.9% of bacteria on carpet and upholstery.
How a PermaSafe SHIELD Coating works:
- It starts with a complete disinfecting of your vehicle’s passenger cabin, air ventilation system – including ductwork – trunk, and other cargo areas. The proprietary disinfectant eliminates 99.9% of germs, bacteria, fungi, mold, mildew and other harmful microbes, while also removing allergens and odors.
- Once disinfected, the spaces and surfaces are then treated with PermaSafe’s patented Permanent Antimicrobial Surface Protectant, PermaSafe SHIELD.
- The antimicrobial agent forms a covalent bond with the surfaces inside your vehicle – essentially becoming a permanent part of the original surface.
- As it dries, millions of microscopic antimicrobial “spike-like” appliances form and extend outward from the surface. These “spikes” are actually long chains of positively charged atoms.
- When the positively-charged atoms of the SHIELD come into contact of negatively-charged cell walls of harmful microbes, they are instantly destroyed with an electrostatic charge.
What a PermaSafe SHIELD Coating protects:
A PermaSafe SHIELD Coating protects your vehicle’s air ventilation and ductwork, trunk, cargo area, and interior surfaces including the steering wheel, console, dash, upholstery and floor. It bonds to virtually any surface whether hard, soft, porous and/or non-porous.
Are the chemicals in PermaSafe harmful?
All PermaSafe products are EPA approved. They’re contact-safe, non-toxic, non-flammable, non-hazardous, and eco-friendly. In other words, the interior of your vehicle is completely safe for your kids, pets and you to be in.
What harmful microbes does the PermaSafe System eliminate and protect against?
According to PermaSafe’s website, the PermaSafe System destroys/eliminates and protects against up to 99.999% of harmful microorganisms, including the following bacteria, viruses, fungi and other:
- Acinetobacter baumannii
- Aspergillus Niger
- Enterobacter aerogenes
- Escherichia Coli (“E. coli”)
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (“HIV”)
- Klebsiella pneumonia
- Legionella Pneumophila (“Legionnaires’ Disease”)
- Listeria monocytogenes
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (“MRSA”)
- Murine Norovirus
- Pseudomonas Aeruginosa
- Respiratory Syncytial virus (“HRSV”)
- Rotavirus, Strain WA
- Salmonella choleraesuis (“Salmonella”)
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Swine Influenza (“Swine Flu”)COVID-19 (“Coronavirus”)
Help protect your family by protecting your vehicle. Call us today or schedule an appointment to have one of our certified technicians apply a PermaSafe SHIELD coating to the interior of your vehicle.
Pape Automotive Launches NEW Website!November 9, 2014
We got a new look! Pape Automotive of Veneta, OR, has launched a new website. We understand that the web is taking over how our customers are looking for businesses and services. Our goal is to make sure that our quality auto repair services can be easily found on the web!
Feel free to browse around our new website and let us know what you think. Please come back frequently to check out the latest news, photos, advice & promotions.
By taking your vehicle to a NAPA AutoCare Center, you’re getting the best of both worlds. All AutoCare Centers are independently owned shops that take pride in their communities and customers while still being backed up by a national warranty and the trusted NAPA brand.